Hospital / Rehab:
- ♥ Melissa Burns, known to many in the Smyrna church family, is being treated in St. Thomas Rutherford Cardiac ICU for severe heart issues.
- ♥ Ginny Carter, mother of Greg Carter, has been placed under Hospice care in Paramount Senior Living room 220 in Ona, West Virginia.
- ♥ Sarah Gurley, great-grandmother of Marilyn Grace, a child in Smyrna Christian’s 5-day program, is undergoing rehab at AdamsPlace.
- ♥ Jerry Shaw continues treatment in St. Thomas West for abdominal issues and is now being treated for a staph infection and E.coli. PLEASE NO VISITORS AT THIS TIME.
- ♥ Melba Shockney, known to many in the Smyrna church family, has been moved to The Waters room 404 for rehab.
- ♥ Peggy Taylor continues rehab in NHC room 136 in Murfreesboro. Please also remember Glenn as he cares for Peggy.
- ♥ April Bures, mother of Chasity Bures (a teacher at Smyrna Christian), is recovering following successful surgery last week to remove cancer.
- ♥ Don Clark, father of Cindy Zacharias, was scheduled to meet with his doctor on Monday, Feb. 11th to discuss treatment for cancer.
- ♥ Inez Cline, sister of Ida Mae Couch, continues recovery following successful outpatient surgery last week.
- ♥ Jack Hood, father of Angelia Wilson, is scheduled to undergo a biopsy on Wednesday, February 13th due to a reoccurrence of lymphoma, and he also has a spot on his lung.
- ♥ Sandra Merritt, aunt of Holly Adams, is scheduled to meet with her doctor on February 27th due to a reoccurrence of cancer.
- ♥ Nancy Simmons continues laser treatments for her nerves/skin condition and remains in a lot of pain and breakout.
- ♥ Robert Walden continues recovery following outpatient surgery last Thursday to repair his broken ankle.
- ♥ Susan Jones, who has been attending the Smyrna church, came forward last Sunday and expressed her thanks for the Smyrna church and for the opportunity she has to work at Smyrna Christian School.
♥ Our sympathy is extended to Barry Burgess and his family in the loss of his brother-in-law (husband of his sister Alicia), Bennett Rye, who passed away on Sunday, February 10th following a long battle with Alzheimer’s. He was a former teacher at Roy Waldron Elementary and LaVergne Middle Schools and worked with campus security at Lipscomb University. Arrangements are incomplete at this time.
♥ We extend our sympathy to Gus Fuhrer, known to many in the Smyrna church, and his family in the sudden loss of his father, Robert “Bob” Luther Fuhrer, who passed away following a massive heart attack.
♥ Our sympathy is extended to Tony Reina and his family in the loss of his brother Carlos Reina, who passed away at the age of 83 in Bogata, Columbia. We are thankful that Tony is safely back home from Bogata.
- ♥ Dane Carey will be helping his son Chris move/drive to Ft. Drum in northern NY State. Please pray that all goes well.
- ♥ Julie Plunket, daughter of Paul and Margaret Plunket, granddaughter of Evelyn Graham and niece of Robert and Betty Graham, is traveling on a mission trip to Guatemala.
To: Smyrna Church of Christ, Your cards and prayers are so appreciated. We know prayers to our Almighty God work. God has been so good to us. 1 Thess. 5:16-18 “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you IN Christ Jesus.” Being in Christ Jesus gives us joy and a responsibility to serve one another. Keith and Edna Clendenin, our family and you, Smyrna Church of Christ have been a blessing to Carl and me. We give God the glory for the Smyrna Church of Christ. “Keep up the Good Work.” In Christ, Carl and Mary Rushing (brother-in-law & sister-in-law of Edna and Keith Clendenin)
We welcome Billy and Judy Ray to the Smyrna church family! Their address is 5518 Stonefield Drive, Smyrna, TN 37167.
We welcome Nadine Turnbow to the Smyrna church family! Her address is 106 Tammy Circle, Smyrna, TN 37167.
Sarah Durham will celebrate her 80th birthday on Thursday, February 14th. Sarah is the mother of Sharon “Sis” Smith and is one of our dear shut- ins. Happy birthday, Sarah!