Hospital / Rehab:
- ♥ Taylor Brown, 13 year old granddaughter of Donna Brew, is recover- ing in Vanderbilt following surgery to correct her curved spine.
- ♥ Robert “Ted” Fox, father of Sheri Wright, is undergoing rehab at Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village Room 308 in Old Hickory, TN. Please also pray for Sheri’s mother, Frankie.
- ♥ Lissa Hale, a good friend of Amanda Gilreath, continues rehab.
- ♥ John Russell is doing better in StoneCrest room 407.
- ♥ Christy Stevens, niece of Frankie and Johnny Poole, is recovering in StoneCrest room 315 following surgery for internal/external injuries sustained in a severe automobile accident. Please NO VISITORS.
- ♥ Peggy Taylor remains in Life Care of Hickory Woods room 303.
- ♥ Marietta Walden continues recovery in St. Thomas Rutherford room 459 following successful major surgery last Thursday.
- ♥ Harrison Waldron, nephew of Sharon Smith, is undergoing treatment in Centennial Neurology ICU following multiple long-lasting seizures.
- ♥ Scott Anderson continues antibiotics for a severe eye infection.
- ♥ Alex Cagle, nephew of Bud and Joan Cagle, is improving every day.
- ♥ Cindy Dorton, good friend iof Allan and Mary Lane, is recovering following surgery to remove a large melanoma from her back.
- ♥ Duane Hill continues to struggle with a rare and painful skin condition.
- ♥ Lynnette Henderson underwent successful surgery last Thursday to hopefully fix her spinal CSF leak. Please pray for healing from her pain.
- ♥ Abby May, granddaughter of Keith and Edna Clendenin and niece of Steve and Rikki Clendenin, is recovering following ankle surgery.
- ♥ Bill Ramey, brother of Barbara Grimes, is scheduled to undergo a scan on December 10th and should receive the results on the 11th.
- ♥ Collin Rogers, 6 yr. old son of a friend of Jeremy and Amy Harmon, continues recovery in Georgia following surgery to remove his kidney.
- ♥ Nancy Simmons will soon begin laser treatments for her skin issues.
- ♥ Gail Strong, mother of Melanie Davenport, is recovering following successful surgery. Prayers are requested for her complete healing.
- ♥ Hayes Wakefield, friend of Barbara Grimes, finished his treatments last week. He will have a follow-up scan and doctor’s visit on the 30th.
- ♥ Betty Warren continues to recover following neck surgery.
- ♥ Wendy Williams continues a long recovery following foot surgery.
- ♥ Our sympathy is extended to Stefanie Gillahan, a teacher at Smyrna Christian School, and her family in the loss of her grandfather, Gene Wolfe of Columbus, Ohio who passed away on Thurs., December 6th.
- ♥ We extend our sympathy to Beth Sandridge, a teacher at Smyrna Christian, and her family in the loss of her mother, Gwendolyn Lane who passed away at the age of 97 on Friday, December 7th at The Waters in Smyrna.
We appreciate all the prayers and acts of kindness from the brothers and sisters during our tests and procedures recently. The Smyrna congregation means so much to us. Phil and Kellie Hancock
To the “Smyrna Church of Christ,” I’d like to “thank you” for prayers on my behalf! It has been a rough four months; however, I’m getting better….it may be a couple of weeks until I make it back. I do miss church and Bible study! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen elders and Bible teachers that are so “Christ-like” and teachers that are so studious and prepared to teach! The congregation is fortunate to have leadership of that caliber! God bless all of you!!! Duane Hill
Thank you for all the cards and prayers you have sent these past 2 1/2 years of my Dad’s life. He was always uplifted when he read a card. Also, thank you for the kind expressions of sympathy at his passing. It’s comforting to have such loving friends in this church family. Thank you for the lovely framed picture-poem. Deanna Liddle
Brothers and Sisters, Thank you for the cards, calls, and concern during my recovery from back surgery. It was greatly appreciated. We are thankful for the Smyrna church. Andrew Martin
You have no idea what a blessing it is to us for you to let us use the [church] building every Friday for school! Thank you so much! PLA [Priest Lake Academy]
Christmas Card Exchange
It’s time for our annual church Christmas card exchange. The teens have decorated some beautiful, alphabetized boxes for us to send cards to each other within our church family. They are located in the main foyer. Please place your cards in the boxes no later than this Friday, December 14th at 4:30 p.m. The cards will be ready for pickup on tables in the main foyer this Sunday, December 16th!
The Smyrna church food pantry is in need of a volunteer to help coordinate a food bag program for John Coleman Elementary. The responsibilities entail ordering, collecting, and delivering 40 food bags to the school each Friday. John Coleman is a local elementary school in Smyrna, and each Friday they give these bags to students whose families need extra help with food over the weekend. If this is something you would be interest- ed in, please contact Ken Sweeney.
“Golden Wedding Anniversary”
The family of Ray and Pat Bennett invite the Smyrna church to join them in celebration of Ray and Pat’s 50th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday, December 16th from 2:30-3:30 in the Smyrna church fellowship hall. There will be cake and drinks. No gifts please.
Christmas Cookie Night
Mark your calendars! Following an evening service on Sunday, December 23rd, we will meet in the fellowship hall for our annual Christmas cookie night. All LIFE groups are invited! Bring your favorite Christmas cookies/goodies to share. All children are invited to wear your favorite Christmas pj’s, and enjoy entertainment in the fellowship hall as you eat your Christmas goodies