Hospital / Rehab:
- Jeanette Barrett, mother of Katrina Thomas’ friend, is suffering in St. Thomas West with a brain lesion. Treatment has not been decided at this time.
- Marion Davis, uncle of Bettye Boyd, is recovering in Providence Hospital ICU in Portland, Oregon following successful surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm on Sunday, July 14th.
- Burton Young, brother of Gloria Holland and uncle of Michelle Heil, has been moved to Life Care Ctr. of Blount Co., Louisville, TN.
- Vicki Ambrose is scheduled to see her eye doctor on August 2nd to check on the status of her eye condition.
- Richard Butler and Danielle Cady, friends of Dewane and Diane Hickey, continue recovery following an auto accident.
- Bobbie Ellis, mother of Felicia Haynes, has been dismissed from the hospital and will follow-up with her physician.
- Randall Gibson, friend of Bill Davis III, is struggling with cancer and would appreciate prayers and cards of encouragement.
- Lauren Hargrove, 24-year old daughter of Rita Sweeney’s cousin, is recovering following her surgery for ovarian cancer on July 8th.
- Francie Holder continues recovery following foot surgery.
- Carolyn O’Neal, a regular visitor of the Smyrna church, is recovering from injuries which she sustained in a recent fall at home.
- Rita Sweeney received results of her MRI that there is a suspicious enlarging of a lymph node under her right arm. She is scheduled for an ultrasound and a possible biopsy on Tuesday, July 16th.
- Burton Young, Jr., nephew of Gloria Holland / cousin of Michelle
- Heil, continues recovery following a recent auto accident.
- Tommy Abston found out that he has a half-sister Allison, who is 53 years old. She lives in Marksville, LA and had been given up for adoption by their mother when she was a baby. He is very thankful.
- Prayers are requested for Mae Davis, known to many of us in the Smyrna church family, in the loss of her husband, Charles Davis, who passed away on Thursday, July 11th. His funeral service was held on Monday in McMinnville.
Ice Cream & Watermelon!
This Sunday night, July 21st all LIFE groups are encouraged to meet in the main auditorium at 5:00 for a period of worship. Then following worship, we will enjoy ice cream and watermelon in the fellowship hall. The ice cream and water- melon will be provided. We need you to bring your favorite ice cream toppings to share!
Young at Heart – Day Trip!
Just a reminder to all “Young at Heart” who signed up to eat at the Catfish House in Springfield this Friday, July 19th: The bus will leave the church parking lot at 10:30 a.m. and is scheduled to return around 2:00 p.m.
All men of the congregation are invited to the men’s breakfast this Saturday, July 20th at 8:30 a.m. The breakfast will be followed by a men’s meeting and a service day. If you did not have the opportunity to sign up and plan to attend, please call the church office. (615- 459-3217, ext. 0) and let us know you are coming.